This position is designed for the selected candidate(s) to work full-time and get hired directly by a US-based HealthTech client of CodersNow.
- This position offers a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
- This is a remote position from anywhere in Mexico.
- High English proficiency is a must.
- Reports to: Technical Lead / Director, Platform Engineering.
- Interview rounds: 4-5.
As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll be responsible for leading the architecture and implementation of new features and capabilities for our highly-scalable, secure communication platform impacting the lives of doctors, nurses and patients. The successful candidate is an accomplished, hands-on platform engineer with multiple large-scale, distributed services under their belt and has a passion for solving challenging problems and building distributed, mission-critical systems.
WHAT YOU’LL OWN:
- Own the end-to-end architecture for our secure communication platform
- Deliver ongoing feature and performance improvements for the leading healthcare communication infrastructure
- Work closely with the client and product teams to refine requirements for technical implementation
- Provide technology leadership to ensure the architecture of a robust, scalable, secure product platform
- Deliver innovative technology solutions that enable new product features and ongoing performance improvements
- Work with the quality assurance team to ensure automated testing and verification of platform updates
- Collaborate with the Data Engineering team to ensure all system metrics are measurable and tracked
WHAT YOU’VE ACCOMPLISHED:
- BS degree or higher in CS, EE or related discipline (a plus)
- 6+ years experience in software engineering, 3+ years experience with functional/asynchronous programming and/or object-oriented programming (Erlang a plus, Elixir, Go, Scala, Haskell, Java)
- Experience architecting large-scale distributed platforms for scale, security, and reliability
- Have significant hand-on experience with multi-threading, concurrency, actor systems
- Strong systems analysis and design skills
- A thorough understanding of modern development practices and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff
- Cassandra, Redis, and Healthcare IT experience a plus
- Experience with all phases of application development lifecycle – from requirements gathering to production deployment and support
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Ability to motivate and engage with high-performance teams in the delivery of innovative solutions at start-up speed
- A team player who enjoys communicating technical designs and decisions to the team and leading them in delivery
- The wisdom to always be thinking ahead and ability to deliver durable, lasting architectures
- An insatiable appetite for learning new approaches, technologies and architectures and maturity to apply these judiciously
- Able to deftly deliver complex solutions on an aggressive timeline without sacrificing quality or flexibility
Experience building a Product
- Cloud native, highly scalable
- Compliance experience (fintech, healthtech, insurance, etc.)
- Sr. Product Leader (prioritize and work with external stakeholders)
- Tech Lead/Scrum Master