This position is designed for the selected candidate(s) to work full-time and get hired directly by a US-based HealthTech client of CodersNow.
- This position offers a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
- This is a remote position from anywhere in Mexico.
- High English proficiency is a must.
- Reports to: Technical Lead.
- Interview rounds: 4-5.
As an integral part of the operations team, the Sr. DevOps Engineer will be in charge of making sure the service stays an industry leader and has the top level of reliability in the industry. Join us and help manage the Amazon EC2 and additional cloud / hosted infrastructure. Responsibilities will include monitoring and tuning the performance of the infrastructure and identifying and correcting bottlenecks in the system while working with development teams on optimizations and best-practices.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will have at least 5+ years of commercial experience as DevOps Engineer and/or Linux Systems Engineer, with at least 3 years of current commercial experience using AWS services working on a high-availability, high-traffic site.
The ideal candidate’s background will include systems programming or scripting in dynamic tools/languages (ruby, python, bash, terraform, chef).
WHAT YOU’LL OWN:
- Develop automation tools to help engineering team efficiency
- Build and maintain the current CI/CD pipeline.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the platform and infrastructure.
- Participate in on-call rotation to assist with incident response and maintain product uptime.
- Collaborate with and assist QA in performing load tests and assessing performance optimization.
- Improve monitoring and ops tools for better efficiency.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer (experience developing & maintaining infrastructure for a highly-available, highly-reliable, high traffic product)
- Previous experience developing Infrastructure as code / cloud / data center automation (example: Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Ruby, Python, Bash)
- Experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience developing in open source databases (Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- Experience using or implementing monitoring systems such as Prometheus, Sensu, Logstash, Kibana, Graphite, Grafana, etc.
- Previous experience utilizing messaging systems such as Kafka, Pulsar.
- Experience utilizing containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Fargate).
- Knowledge of common Unix network protocols (ssh, tcp, http, snmp, smtp)
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent (is a plus)
- AWS Certification (is a plus)
- Exposure to or experience working with Erlang, Go, NodeJS, HCL, JSON is a plus