This position is designed for the selected candidate(s) to work full-time and get contracted by a US-based Software client of CodersNow.
- This position offers a highly competitive salary.
- This is a remote position from anywhere in Mexico or Latin America.
- High English proficiency is a must.
- Reports to: CTO.
- Interview rounds: 2-3.
We are looking for a Principal Architect to join their CTO to scope and build out the technical vision of their SaaS solution. They will lead the development of the platform’s underlying architecture to unlock the company’s potential.
Determine Technical Vision
Understand the current product vision as laid-out by the Executive Team and utilize strong technical assets and knowledge to generate the tech that best serves both the company’s immediate needs as well as their 2-5-year goals.
Integrate and Implement
Hands-on technical implementation is a heavily weighted portion of this position, including the technology infrastructure, architecture, design, testing, and maintenance efforts with a focus on optimization performance and scalability.
- Architect the product across the full application stack in collaboration with integration partners and own the DevOps systems that enable it
- Produce clear, detailed, and actionable design documents, architecture blueprints, architectural decision records with context, decision, and tradeoffs
- Serve as the company’s foremost architectural expert by maintaining knowledge of existing and emerging technologies and methodologies
- Analyze our platform and codebase to prioritize areas of improvement
- Own the overall architecture to evolve the scale, security, and reliability of the application
- Mentor engineers to write sustainable, testable, high-quality, high-performance code
- Participate in an engineering culture of “always learning” where the sharing and learning from failures is celebrated and the giving and receiving of constructive candid feedback is highly encouraged
- 7+ years of progressive engineering experience
- Fluency with React.js, Spring Boot, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with architecting and developing large scale, service-oriented systems, and optimizing for performance and quality
- Proven impact at a startup that illustrates the ability to set a vision and systems-level thinking.
- Recent experience with building software that includes dispatch, routing, CRM, billing, accounting, telephony integration and/or payment processing
- Experience building technology that contains sensitive information (e.g.: consumer profiles, financial accounts, etc.)
- Technical ability to run code reviews, hire other developers, and create an effective engineering culture
- Deep understanding of the project life-cycle processes including initiation, requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management
- A strong communicator who keeps connections open to avoid creating silos of information
- Exceptional ability to identify and break down problems to find unique solutions and remove single points of failure
- Takes ownership of decisions but doesn’t try to own every decision in the company
- Strives to continuously learn and educate team members across the company about how implemented technology works
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science (or similar) is required; advanced degree preferred